Mindblowing Facts You May Never Have Known About Megan Markle, the Duchess of Sussex
Over the past few weeks, Meghan Markle, the Duchess of Sussex has been one of the most spoken about celebrities in the world. The huge media coverage has been mainly driven by her decision alongside the husband, Prince Harry to step back from royal duties and pursue civil life. While many knew Meghan due to her acting career, there are a few interesting facts that may still rattle you about the American born star. Below are some of the interesting facts Gasmblog.com gathered about her:
- Her family name is Rachel Just like her character’s name in the hit show Suits, her first name is Rachel. Meghan is her second name, making her full name Rachel Meghan Markle.
- In 2016, she was named the most googled woman in the world. The actress gained fame for her role in the show Suits. But the world became even more interested after learning that she was dating Prince Harry in 2016.
- Before hitting the screens with Suits, she used to run a lifestyle blog called The Tig. It covered food, travel, and beauty. She had to shut down the website after she entered the Royal family.
- Tennis legend, Serena Williams is one in the long list of her famous friends. They met in 2010 and have been close ever since.
- It is widely believed that Meghan and her husband are technically related. They are distant cousins, related through Meghan’s father and Harry’s grandmother. The families share a common ancestor, Sir Ralph Bowes.
- When Meghan was nine years old, her father won about N274,837,409 in the American lottery. The money allowed her to go to a good school and paid for her college fees.
- Meghan once did the calligraphy for singer Robin Thicke and actress Paula Patton’s wedding invitations in 2005. Before becoming an actress, she worked as a freelance calligrapher and is famed as a very talented pen writer.
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!